Hope everyone is enjoying 2018 so far, i know i am!
Its that time of the year were we get to celebrate the most important day of thew year, the twins birthday!. Yeap, birthday was on the 7th of January (January babies rock!). The only day we get to celebrate in style.
A good birthday needs a fabulous outfit of course. It is always hard for me to find something to wear for my birthday that meets my expectations (girly, classy dress). But i managed to find the perfect outfits, i even got 3 options to choose from.
1) My first of option was this Wine Maxi Dress. I love this striking halter maxi dress because it shows some skin with its plunging neckline and revealing open back but still classy. Paired up with a nice pair black sandals and a simple clutch back.
3) The final dress was for the morning after. Whats a birthday without brunch the morning after. I wanted something fun dress so i chose this Rose Floral Skater Dress. What’s not to love about this flirty dress? from the sweetheart neckline to the off the shoulder, i couldn’t help myself. I Paired this up with ankle strapped heels and a fun pair of earrings.
Black Block Heels Truffle Collection
Why three outfits (you might wonder)?
Well, The first outfit was perfect for the romantic birthday meal with my BF.
Next stop was cocktails with the other birthday girl (le twin) and all our friends. I decided to switch it up to the plunge midi dress and my dancing shoes on. The final outfit was of course for the brunch, the following morning.
by the end of the night that I actually wasn’t a fan of this
Summer is officially gone now we are now in the autumn season going into full-fledged winter soon. All the sundresses, maxi dresses/skirts, crop tops and shorts all packed away now probably gathering dust until next year.
However, with each new season, it brings along with it the opportunity to jazz up your wardrobe whether its slowly transitioning some of your summer clothes into the colder months of the year (e.g. denim jackets) or completely bringing out that pair of stiletto boots you have been secretly eyeing all summer.
That is the focus of my post, stiletto boots in my opinion boots and winter go hand in hand but stiletto boots and winter they allow you to be fashionable and warm at the same time. I recently came across the website FSJShoes.com and they have some amazing stiletto boots, for winter. Two of my favorite picks were:
Black Stiletto Heels Pointy Toe Back Lace-up Boots with Silver Studs This pair is what I would consider a safe “LBD” version of stiletto boots. It’s in a versatile color black which you can never go wrong with so they would work for every occasion. From date night paired with a lace dress, or casual outing with friends paired with blue denim jeans and a leather jacket and a red lippy to go with it. This pair will work whether dressed up or dressed down.
Burgundy Stiletto Boots Pointy Toe Suede Vintage Ankle Booties: Burgundy is synonymously associated with fall. It is a fall color that I can every girl has at least one burgundy item in their wardrobe and beauty collection. This is the main reason why I was drawn to this pair, the color. In fact, when it comes to it, it has been dubbed the “new black” for fall/autumn and winter so how could I say no. The stiletto boots are so versatile and can be dressed up or down depending again on the occasion.
This year one of my goals has to be to start collaborating and working alongside other bloggers, be it lifestyle, beauty or travelling. So it was an exciting opportunity when I got presented with the opportunity to guest feature on Esquavi . This site, Esquavi is a lifestyle blog that features everything from music reviews, holiday guides, podcasts, lifestyle, technology and Food recipes all with the goal of highlighting the best of what Africa has to offer. For the post I was given creative freedom to write about whatever topic I wanted, so I decided to write about my second love, Travelling (Fashion being first of course)!!
For the post I decided to focus on South Africa because that one of the only countries I have been back to on multiple occassions because I love it that much. So I decided to do a comprehensive travel guide and I am going again in a few weeks *squeals with excitement so it helped with adding more activities to my itinerary.
The blog post is very comprehensive and covers everything about why you would, and should add South Africa to your bucket-list of countries to visit. I was very impressed with this article because although I have been to South Africa so many times, I learnt and discovered so many more hidden gems from the research that I am excited for upcoming trip and will be ticking some of those off my list. The full post is South Africa Travel Guide 2017
As I mentioned before I was given creative freedom so I decided to challenge myself and even created a YouTube summarized guide that you can watch the video of that South Africa 2017 Holiday Guide
Aside from South Africa (me hopes) what other countries are on your travel bucket list? x
So a few posts ago I made a wishlist of product that I wanted to try June Beauty and Fashion Wishlist and most of them were body shop products. I went and got myself one of the highly reviewed and favorable products, I actually went in with the intention of trying “The Body Shop’s Chinese ginseng and rice clarifying polishing mask” however upon recommendation and consultation with the sales person I went for the Himalayan charcoal.
First impressions so far are:
It’s very minty, when I put it on it had an intense tingling sensation which was different for me because the other charcoal masks I use do not feel like that but I think it’s because of the green tea leaves.
It dries very quickly in less than 10 minutes which is very convenient if you are an “on-the-go” person and don’t have much time to pamper yourself.
Smell fantastic, it reminds me of the sea, spa, a holiday and Gucci Bamboo Perfume a combination of all these four which I love because all these give me positive vibes within me.
My skin felt fresh and clean after using it, was I glowing nope but i think its not immediate let me give it a few more tries then see if I have the “J-lo” glow.
But overall I am happy with the product and the price point as well is not too too expensive.
What other face masks would you recommend for trying?
Jumpsuits, sometimes I love sometimes I hate imagine the hardship you face when you need to go to the bathroom. However they are so comfy and such an easy throw over sometimes I just tend to grab for these when I am indecisive. Like on this day, I just need something comfy and breezy to lounge in as well as go for a meal wearing.
Jumpsuit: Ermm I really cannot remember where I got this, I have had it for a few years now I am going to guess TK Maxx (TJ MAXX -US). I can’t find this identical design but ASOS has a similar design here
Why I have been shoe-less in the last few posts I don’t know x
I am a sucker for a maxi dress, and really maxi dresses and summer go hand in hand. To highlight how much I love them one of the very first posts on this site was on a maxi dress feature Floral Dresses: Flower Love Child Of Mine. The outfit below was from one of the days when we went to sightseeing to Corfu Old town.
Dress: I “borrowed” this navy blue maxi from my lovely sister’s wardrobe. She got it over 5 years ago from H&M
Bracelet: I got this from one of my bestfriends, she bought it in Kenya when she was on holiday there
I also thought to include some pictures from Corfu Old Town, it’s very tourist, rustic and old hence the name I suppose. But what I have found is all “Old Towns” around all the European countries I have been to look identical. Is it just me?
Blogging can me hard sometimes, putting out exciting and new content on a weekly or daily basis. Sometimes takes its tow and creativity can be lacking sometimes. I know this all too well because I recently went through that. For a month or so I don’t think I even posted anything because I couldn’t even be bothered. I was able to overcome this and below are some of the tips and steps I took:
Step Away: Let’s be honest blogging is really not life changing, you are not a doctor or surgeon that performs a life changing activity. This is something I had to humbly recognized, stepping away for a week and missing a scheduled post was not going to result in chaos or someone’s life falling apart. I needed to take a break and just do that leave the blog and have some space and time away.
Switch up the routine: This really helped me because I realized although having a routine was good because it instilled discipline in me, it was also restricting me because it detected my routine and the posts I had. So I had to move away from that and try do it differently in order to get the creative juices following.
3. Appreciate others: the beauty of blogging is that there is a whole community around you, so for me I needed to remind myself. Instead of being a content creator I needed to take a backseat and go appreciate content of other bloggers in order to actually appreciate and remind myself of why I do this again. This was an amazing break and inspired a lot of content that will be featured in future.
4. Fun: I don’t do this full time I started blogging because I wanted a creative and fun outlet. And I needed to remind myself of that because at one point it started feeling like a job and that wasn’t a good feeling. So meditating and re-focusing and reminding myself of why I started doing it in the first place really helped me a lot.
Mustard has been and continues to be one of my favorite colors ever. For me it is because it’s such a vibrant, eye catching and exuberant I can’t help but be drawn to it. In fact I have featured this exact outfit in a look book inspired post I posted a while ago with the exception of the shoes I wore Fashion Inspiration:Easily Spice Up For That Date Night look
Dress: this dress I got from New Look during the Christmas sales, it has been sitting there waiting for an occasion to be worn.
There is just something luxuriously feminine about Rose gold and earthy colors that I am currently obsessed with. Below are some of my current favorite fashion accessories:
1. Gold watch: this watch I can’t remember were I got it from, but here is a very similar design 2. Brown scarf: this was gifted to me and is my favorite item so far. Can’t find a very similar design but here is a nice one. 3. Rose gold “cat-eye” sunglasses:here is a similar design to these. 4. Gold ring: I think I got this from River Island or Primark, one of the two. You can easily find them in any high street or high end store. For example these rings.
5. Bag: this is another Kurt Geiger bag, I really love that brand both me and my sister already have bags from this brand. I can’t find the exact design anymore but here is a similar design
A good pair of denim shorts is a staple for any summer wardrobe whether its a pair of Levi’s vintage or a replica from the high-street such as H&M. For this particular look, comfort was key as the weather was extremely hot and there was going to be a lot of walking around involved.
1. Denim Shorts: I have had these for over 5 years now and they still fit and look good as they did on day one. That’s one thing about denim I love it lasts for a very very long time.
2. Polka-dot Cami: I got this cami about 2 years ago from H&M and this again is another clothing items that has lasted. H&M does inexpensive good quality clothes that can last for years before needing to be replaced.
3. Sunglasses: Just like my sister “borrowed” my shoes in a previous post Casual And Comfy Travelling OOTD I decided to borrow her sunnies too.
What do you usually do on the first day of vacation? x